What is Medical Gaslighting?: A Discussion with Patient Advocate Ilana Jacqueline – The Hurt By The Female Pain Docs
In this episode, The Female Pain Docs are joined by patient advocate Ilana Jaqueline to discuss the topic of medical gaslighting. Medical gaslighting occurs when a healthcare professional dismisses a patient’s concerns or wrongly misdiagnoses symptoms as mental illnesses. They discuss signs for patients to lookout for, how patients can advocate for themselves, and changes that need to be made within the medical community to combat medical gaslighting.
- What is Medical Gaslighting?: A Discussion with Patient Advocate Ilana Jacqueline
- Common Pelvic Pain Conditions in Men: A Discussion with Dr. Rena Malik
- The Journey of a Chronic Pain Patient from Adolescence to Adulthood: A Discussion with Nikita Chopra
- Gender Affirmation Surgeries: A Discussion with Dr. Bella Avanessian
- Disrupting Healthcare: A Discussion on the Future of Healthcare with Dr. Dana Corriel
- What Supplements Can I Take for Chronic Pain: An Interview with Dr. Tina Doshi
- We’re Taking Care of You, Who is Taking Care of Us? A Discussion with Dr. Anoushka Afonso
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy for Male Patients: A Discussion with Jessie Klein, DPT
- Breast Cancer Pain: A Discussion with Dr. Amitabh Gulati
- Why is the Clitoris So Understudied? A Discussion with Dr. Rachel Rubin
Never miss an episode
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts:
Copyright © 2021 PKKP LLC. All rights reserved.